March 12, 2011

Good Morning

It's been a few days, so I wanted to show you a few things I've been working on.  But before I do that, and I know you don't need a reminder, but please pray for the people in Japan.  As you know they are going through such turmoil right now.  It is only by God's grace and mercy that we are not going through it. 

I've spent this week, cleaning house and taking my mom to some doctor appointments.  Although I still need some more time to finish everything I needed to do like get a garden started, my DH and I got to go yard selling on Friday morning.  With the nice weather I thought there would be more than there were, but I did pick up a few items to work on.

I WISH I had taken a before shot of this one.  It was one of those quick paintings that are mass produced in some far off place.  It was black with fruit painted in the center, lemons, oranges, canteloupe, grapes.  I sanded it down and shabbied it up......sure made a difference.  It's bright, happy and hopefully welcoming.  Wouldn't it be fun to welome your friends with a beautiful pink rose?

Here's  close up..........


Here are a few things that I picked up on the cheap to go into my bedroom I'm redoing.

My pretty pink swan, please pretend my walls are white, or a very light celedon green, or even pink....the yellow is going to go very soon. She was just a quarter!


A close up...are you imagining white walls?

got these for 75 cents each
...a close up.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the gold frames, thinking about turning the gold into silver,what do you think?

I also picked up a small antique table that I'm going to shabby. 

Hope your day is as beautiful as it is here, and don't forget to be so thankful today.

Leaving you in His care,
Carla


1 comment:

  1. Hello sweet MIL! Oh your pink swan is just darling and those rose pictures are sooooo prettty! I did some saleing this weekend. Lots of stuff to paint. Your talent blows me away! Your blog is so pretty. You are an inspiration as a wife, mom and artist to me. Thank you for sharing!
    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete