January 3, 2012

Happy 3rd day of the New Year!

Well, happy 2012! Yes, I'm late.  Better late than never?  Anyhoo, I am hoping to do better this year, especially after the last year we had. 

Don't get me wrong last year had some great moments and it had some really tough moments that led to a lot of really great moments.  My faith was increased, my trust in God increased ...hate to say I had to have that tweaked after all His years of faithfulness :( ....my worry decreased, lessons were learned, blessings were enjoyed and in the end, God let me have my husband for at least Christmas of 2011. 

I am looking forward to starting work again in my shop, creating, painting, enjoying the talent God has blessed me with.  I am looking forward to sharing with you the things I have done.  I am looking forward to seeing what God has instore for our family through the year and how He will lead us and bless us and keep us.

This week, I am organizing, cleaning, throwing away, simplifying, planning and deciding what is important to do or not do.  I am trying to not waste time.  It is so precious and I can have a tendency to Facebook, Pinterest, surf the web and before you know it 2-3 hours have passed and I have not done what I wanted to get accomplished.  Do you have that problem?  We are to redeem our time.  This year I have several desires of the heart that I want to work on.
       
                                                                1.  Keep my tongue.

                                              2.  Redeem my time.

                                              3.  Serve the Lord.

I know that last one is pretty broad, but by that I mean be ready to meet needs of others when it is in my power.  To do my Bible study/devotiions more consistently~to get to know Him better, to let Him show me His plan for my life.   To seek and accomplish through His power changes in my life that I need to work on~physical, mental and spiritual.  To make my home a welcoming and happy place to be, first for my family and then for others~~a home open to hospitality.

WOW!  That is a tall order, but if not now, when? 

I so enjoy reading blogs that encourage family, home and godly service.  Yes even they can take away time from what I want to accomplish, so I am planning on taking a limited amout of time each day to quickly get inspiration or encouragement from them.  I live in a very rural area where there are no women like me who work from home, who have the same belief we should be keepers of home and hearth, so this is my way of seeking like company. 

Hope you have set some reachable goals this year, most importantly to grow closer to the Lord and to make your home happy, healthy, welcoming and lovely. Maybe some of that loveliness will even come from me.   God bless and Happy 2012!

Leaving you in His care,
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment